Wow – I’ve had this blog for about 2-3 weeks and already I’ve majorly neglected.  But.. it’s really not my fault! (Said in whiney 5 year old voice.)

The last couple weeks have just been a bit crazy.  Not only has work been busy, but both J and I got a new car, on two separate occasions (more on that later); J, as you know, had his wisdom teeth removed; we had to take our lab, Mia, to the vet because she was having seizures; and I came down with strep and have spent the last 4 days living on our couch.  So, do I get the free pass on this one? Pretty please?

J is doing much better with his teeth.  The swelling is basically gone, and he’s eating completely normal again. 🙂

Poor Mia has had two seizures in the last two months.  The vet put her on phenobarbital – she’s taking two daily.  So far, after a week, no seizures yet.  But she isn’t totally herself, either.  She’s just a bit lethargic (and this is a dog with tons of energy, even at 5+ years old) and her coordination is off.  She’s bumping into walls, tables and doors (not head-on or anything, just bumping against them).  Now – I read online that these are common side effects, and will probably go away in a couple of weeks. But has anyone dealt with this drug before and experienced this?  If it goes on for more than another week, I’ll call the vet.  It worries me to see her like this.

Then last Thursday is when I was diagnosed with strep.  What a PITA.  Horrible timing, of course.  I missed two days of work and I’m still not feeling 100%.  I had no idea it would take this long to fully recover from strep.

However – props to Walgreens clinic.  Seriously – I could’ve made an appointment with my regular doctor and waited an hour to be seen, then a day for the strep test to come back.  But at the walk-in clinic I waited all of 5 minutes, and she did the strep test and got results in about 5 minutes.  It was great!  And the nurse practitioner I saw really was wonderful.  She took the time to ask me questions, and make sure I asked all the questions I needed to. (And no, I am not being paid by Walgreens to post this. :p )

So – today I’m back at work with a million things to do, and no motivation to do it.  I still feel like living on the couch for a couple more days.

And… I haven’t worked out since last Monday.  And since I still can’t breathe, it won’t happen today either.  I really need to work out.  This took me completely off my routine.  It’s so hard to get back to it.

Oh, and if you couldn’t tell, I’ve given up on my Word of the Day challenge, which I think I stuck to for about 2 days.  I don’t have the energy to think up creative ways to use strange words that totally don’t fit.  Like plenipotentiary, which means containing or conferring full power; invested with full power; as, “plenipotentiary license; plenipotentiary ministers” or a person invested with full power to transact any business; especially, an ambassador or diplomatic agent with full power to negotiate a treaty or to transact other business.

So this is a complete random post. 🙂  Guess my title fits, as it went absolutely nowhere.  Hopefully I’ll be able to post a few times a week from now on and the craziness is over.